In this Edition:
- Label of the Month: Salty Captain's 4WD & RV Wash Label
- Importance of Durability in Outdoor Permanent Labels
- Buy Despatch Labels & Get a Free Label Printer
- Employee of the Month: Meet Sean
- Product of the month: Download Bartender Mobile App
- The Leasing Opportunity: Why Leasing Label Printers is a Smart Business Move
- Special Showcase: Latest TSC Mobile 3" & 4" Printers
- Pricing update: Changes coming 1 September
- Joke of the Month
Benjamin is the Director of Salty Group, a leading Marine and auto wash supplier based out of Queensland with distribution warehouses NZ, AU and United States.
Salty Captain, among many other water-based lifestyle products, make wash-down accessories that help to prolong the life of boats and other marine vehicles.
Some of the qualities we like most about their 4WD & RV Wash label:
- Logo reversed out of a black backdrop
- Clever use of metallic finish on the images designed to pick up the colour of the product
- Acrylic stock to combat the likelihood of the product getting wet when used
- Hi-build spot gloss finish to make the product name easy to read
On 3 July 2023, Australia Post made changes to the price of MyPost Business International and Domestic Parcel services. International Economy Air will no longer be available in MyPost Business and will only be available at Post Offices. Purchases will still contribute towards your savings band however Send and Save savings will no longer apply. For more on these and other price changes visit auspost.com.au/pricing-updates
Shipping labels play a crucial role in the logistics industry, serving as an identification tool for packages and ensuring smooth transportation from one location to another. Whether you are a small business owner or an individual shipping items, knowing how to print your own shipping labels in Australia can save you time and money. In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the importance of using shipping labels, discuss the different types available, and provide you with a step-by-step guide on creating and printing your own shipping labels.
Importance of Using Shipping Labels
Using shipping labels is essential for several reasons. Firstly, they provide vital information about the package, such as the sender's and recipient's addresses, contact details, and any special handling instructions. This information is crucial for efficient and accurate delivery, as it enables the logistics team to identify and sort packages quickly.
Furthermore, shipping labels can also include tracking numbers, which allow both the sender and recipient to monitor the progress of the shipment. This tracking capability provides peace of mind and ensures that packages are delivered on time.
Lastly, shipping labels contribute to a professional and organised image for your business. A well-designed and properly printed shipping label not only enhances your brand's visibility but also instills confidence in your customers, assuring them that their package is being handled with care and professionalism.
Different Types of Shipping Labels
There are various types of shipping labels available, each catering to specific needs and requirements. Here are some commonly used shipping labels:
- Blank Shipping Labels: These are versatile labels that can be customised to suit your specific shipping needs. They come in different sizes and can be printed using various printing methods.
- Integrated Labels: These labels combine a shipping label with other essential documents, such as invoices or packing slips. They are ideal for streamlining the shipping process and reducing paperwork.
- Thermal Shipping Labels: These labels are compatible with thermal printers and do not require ink or toner. They are cost-effective and produce high-quality, smudge-free prints.
- Pre-Printed Shipping Labels: As the name suggests, these labels are professionally printed with standard shipping information, such as "Fragile" or "Handle with Care." They save time and effort, but they may not be suitable if you require customisation.
How to Create a Shipping Label
Creating a shipping label may seem daunting at first, but with the right tools and guidance, it can be a straightforward process. Follow these steps to create your own shipping label:
- Gather the necessary information: Before you start designing your shipping label, make sure you have all the required information at hand. This includes the sender's and recipient's addresses, contact details, package dimensions, weight, and any special instructions.
- Choose a shipping label template: You can either create your own template using graphic design software or use pre-designed templates available online. Ensure that the template you choose is compatible with your printing method.
- Design your shipping label: Use a clear and legible font for the text, and consider adding your logo or brand elements for a professional touch. Include all the necessary information, such as addresses, contact details, and any additional instructions.
- Test print: Before printing a large batch of shipping labels, it is essential to do a test print. Check for any formatting errors, smudges, or alignment issues. Make any necessary adjustments before proceeding.
- Print your shipping labels: Once you are satisfied with the test print, load your printer with the appropriate label stock and print the desired quantity of shipping labels. Ensure that your printer settings are optimised for label printing.
- Attach the shipping label: Carefully peel off the backing of the label and affix it securely to your package. Make sure it is visible and not covered by any packaging materials.
Choosing the Right Shipping Label Printer
To print your own shipping labels, you will need a reliable shipping label maker. Here are some factors to consider when selecting one:
Compatibility: Ensure that the label printer is compatible with your printer and label stock. Different label printers support different label sizes and formats.
Ease of use: Look for a label printer that offers a user-friendly interface and intuitive design. This will save you time and frustration when creating and printing shipping labels.
Printing quality: Check the printing quality and resolution of the label printer. Crisp and clear prints are essential for legibility and professionalism.
Reach out to our team for guidance on the best label printer to suit your requirements.
Free Label Printer with Minimum Label Purchase
Purchase 3 x Cartons of our 99x148 Direct Thermal despatch labels and get a FREE Argox OS-2140D DT Label Printer valued at $395 RRP. Includes Bartender Ultralite. Terms and Conditions Apply. Contact us Today to Learn More!
Our resident pommie Sean actually grew up on a dairy farm! He was even a forage specialist on a farm for 4 years before moving over to Australia and is really familiar with the agricultural industry.
Sean found his way into printing almost 30 years ago and has never looked back. Through production manager to inside sales to technical sales, Sean is really well versed in all elements of the printing industry.
Sean's developed a passion for label printing with a focus on label printers and label application systems. He's spent the past 10 years learning the various printer models and technologies that can help a plant or despatch team run efficiently and has been studying best practice for labelling. If you are having issues with your label printing, there is a good chance
Sean can troubleshoot the problem over the phone, so If you've got any questions about how to get your labels applied, or printed in-house, then Sean's your man!
What do we love about the Bartender Mobile App?
Warehouse and Logistics Labelling
- Mobile control of labeling eliminates time wasted trekking to a printing station. Gain the cost efficiencies and accuracy of printing the right label / list / tag / on the spot.
Field Service Printing
- In-field service drivers or technicians traveling with small footprint portable printers can print the most up-to-date labels on-demand at remote locations cascade labeling changes throughout their operations in an instant for accuracy and compliance.
- Printing shelf labels, online order tags and signage when and where you need them saves hours each week so your employees can work on other tasks, and reduces waste of pre-printed label media.
Print at the Source of Work
Reduce unnecessary steps and costs and increase label accuracy by providing your operators with forms and predefinied data entry options.
- With the flexibility that mobile, on location, real-time printing offers, you'll see the improvements in productivity that impact your bottom line.
Speedy Adoption Lowers Training Costs
- Runs on the mobile devices you and your teams use every day, making it familiar and intuitive out of the box.
Want to centralise your labels across your multi-site organisation? Ask our team about Bartender Cloud.
The Leasing Opportunity: Why Leasing Label Printers is a Smart Business Decision
Running a successful business requires making smart decisions that lead to increased efficiency and cost savings. One such decision that many companies are making is to lease label printers instead of buying them outright. Leasing label printers can be a game-changer for businesses of all sizes, providing access to the latest technology without the high upfront costs of purchasing new equipment. Not only does leasing label printers make financial sense, but it also allows businesses to focus on their core competencies, rather than worrying about maintaining and upgrading equipment.
Benefits of Leasing Label Printers
Leasing label printers instead of buying them outright can provide numerous benefits for businesses. One of the most significant advantages of leasing is the cost savings it offers. The upfront costs of purchasing label printers can be prohibitively expensive, particularly for small businesses. Leasing, on the other hand, allows businesses to spread the cost of label printer acquisition over a longer period, making it easier to manage cash flow and preserve capital. By leasing label printers, businesses can free up capital that can be invested in other areas of the business, such as marketing and product development.
Another benefit of leasing label printers is the flexibility and scalability it offers. Leasing allows businesses to adjust their equipment needs as their business grows or changes. For example, a business that experiences seasonal fluctuations in demand can lease additional label printers during peak periods, then return them when demand subsides. Leasing also enables businesses to upgrade their equipment more frequently, allowing them to stay up-to-date with the latest technology without having to make large capital investments.
Leasing also offers businesses the advantage of predictable monthly expenses. With a lease agreement, businesses know exactly how much they will be paying each month, making it easier to budget and manage expenses. This can be particularly beneficial for small businesses that may have limited cash flow and need to carefully manage their expenses.
Talk to our team about whether this option might be right for you.
Print receipts and labels on the go and on-demand. TSC's small, lightweight, and rugged mobile printers, with long battery life, are made to last the entire workday and efficiently print at the point of application to reduce downtime and increase production. TSC's mobile printers are capable of printing linerless labels that help reduce waste and boost productivity.
These printers come equipped with a full line of mobile printing accessories that save money and time. Options for this series include linerless printing tools, remote printer management software, and much more.
TSC's latest mobile printers, the Alpha-30L propels you into the next generation of smart, enhanced technology solutions for industrial-grade label printing applications.
The Alpha-40L mobile printers also provide a full line of accessories to assist in performing diverse labeling tasks while on the go, especially in rigorous logistics applications.
We appreciate managing costs through the market is difficult, and we continue to work closely with our supply partners to mitigate the impact, however after absorbing a number of price increases from our suppliers over the past 8 months, we advise that effective Friday, September 1st 2023, we will be implementing a flat 9% price increase across our label range. We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your continued support. Please reach out to your account manager or customer service professional with any questions.
The label on one of my jars of herbs says "goes well with beef, pork and duck"...
That’s sage advice.