Zenius Classic Plastic Card Printer - Complete Printer Package
Zenius Plastic Card Printer
Complete Printer Package
Complete Printer Package: includes Zenius Classic USB, 1 colour ribbon, 50 blank white cards, Card Designer Software Standard Edition and starter cleaning kit.
Zenius is the one-stop solution to print high-quality single-sided cards, in monochrome or colour, and encode technology cards (Mag Stripe and Smart Card), in single or small runs, for a variety of applications: employee badges, access control badges, payment cards, transportation passes, and more.
Zenius, the first eco-designed printer, stands out with its optimized features and a compact and sleek design. This unit benefits from the new Evolis High Trust® consumables and the Evolis Premium Suite® software to provide ease of use and performance levels that set the new benchmark in the market.
Food Safe Tags and Cards Now Available
On 1 July 2016 changes to country of origin labelling for food commenced, providing clearer labels and more meaningful information to the Australian community about where their food comes from. Implemented through the Country of Origin Food Labelling Information Standard, most Australian foods will need to carry a card or label with a clearly defined box. Print Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) food allergen information on plastic cards.
Evolis, the world leader in customization and printing solutions for plastic cards, has been awarded new certifications by TÜV Rheinland for the manufacture of its price tags. These certifications guarantee that the printed cards are compliant with European and U.S. regulations for food-contact compatibility making food advertising and labeling easier. For more information about Australian Food Labelling Style Guide please refer to this link; https://www.business.gov.au/foodlabels
The Evolis High Trust® range of consumables is specically designed to deliver premium graphic performances and ease of use. Installing the ribbon cassette is a simple one-step process, and with its integrated chip, Zenius instantly identifies the ribbon type and configures all settings accordingly.
The Evolis Premium Suite® software, supplies the Print Centre, a printing and configuration system that monitors all communications between the printer and the user. The printer’s operation can be managed entirely right from the user’s interface and through pop-up notifications on the printing status, ribbon availability and maintenance tasks. This Printer Manager also offers direct access to the Evolis Web-based Support Centre, available on a 24/7 basis.
Equipped with state-of-the-art printing technologies, the Expert version of Zenius can be upgraded onsite with multiple encoders. These flexible features ensure that you will always be in line with your current and future requirements in plastic card printing.
Thanks to its amazingly small size, Zenius can be accommodated in virtually any environment, be it a welcome desk, a sales counter, or an office desk. Zenius weighs 3.3 kg and is the lightest printer in its category.
Zenius has earned the coveted ENERGY STAR certification and complies with the reduced energy consumption guidelines from the ErP European Directive. In addition, the Zenius proudly carries the stamp of Evolis’ strong commitment to reliability, and therefore, benefits from unmatched quality along with a 2-year warranty.
Zenius card printer comes with a very convenient 50-card feeder and is available in two colours: Red & Taupe
Zenius Colour ID Card Printer with encoder
The Zenius Expert version can be upgraded with multiple encoders such as encoder for magnetic stripe cards. This encoder allows you to personalise your cards in two different modes: ISO 7811 Norms using tracks 1, 2 and 3 (standard factory settings)
Custom mode for specific applications (with different track formats, density per track, start and stop characters. For magnetic specific encoding developments, please ask us for the programming guide or contact our technical support.
Not forgetting to mention that the encoder can be defined by the user to operate with either a low (300 oersted), medium (2750 oersted) or high (4000 oersted) coercivity, by a simple click via the Windows driver. To set the medium coercivity, select high coercivity in the Windows driver.
Field Upgrade your Zenius to mag encode! This magnetic encoder can be fitted to any standard Zenius card printer, simply contact Interactcard to get your Zenius field upgraded. This simple operation enables the user to update the printer at low cost and without needing to change equipment.
Zenius Smart Card Contact Encoding
Give an "intelligent" dimension to your cards by taking advantages of the Zenius SMART Printer from Evolis.
The Zenius SMART is based on the characteristics of the Zenius printer and integrates a Smart Card Contact Station which enables you to personalise the chip cards. The Zenius SMART is compatible with any ISO 7816-2 Chip Cards.
The push & contact system of the Smart Card Contact Station provides the contact with the card only when a personalisation of the chip is required. This advantage ensures a better Contact Station durability and a higher card printing quality as it prevents scratches on the card surface. Smart Cards have a microchip with a memory embedded, this memory can be programmed. A cash card could be regularly recharged with new monies and then used as an electronic wallet. The more advanced cards contain a micro processor opening up the possibilities for future applications.
Most of the systems of personalising the Smart Cards are invisible to the average card holder. The processes used varied in implementation and complexity depending on the type of Smart Card that is being used. The Zenius SMART Card Printer offers card personalisation as it codes the chip and prints on the card in one go. This single card personalisation system provides flexibility and ability to obtain in a few minutes a finished card-in-hand. To personalize the chip, the Zenius SMART Card Printer integrates a Smart Card Contact Station to program the Smart Cards which complies with ISO 7816-2.
Zenius Smart Card Contactless Encoding
A Contactless card consists of a memory or microprocessor chip connected to an antenna. The antenna and micro-module are embedded into the plastic card body. To program integrated circuit cards a printer needs to be equipped with a coupler.
Key advantages: Ergonomics, Faster transactions than with standard 'contact' smart card technology, Distance between the reader and the card, High data rate (high speed radio frequency between the card and the terminal), No physical contact (less contamination and damage) and less wear and tear.
Zenius plastic card printer benefits
- Thermal transfer and sublimation
- Edge-to-edge printing
- 120-150 ID colour cards/hour
- Up to 400-500 monochrome cards/hour
- Integrated Pebble Ribbon Saver feature
- 300 DPI Resolution
- 2 year warranty!
- Choice of colour, Red & Taupe
- Ethernet Network option available TCP IP
- Card feeder and output tray located at the front of the printer
- Manual feeder.
- Control panel with LEDs.
- Standby and Sleep modes.
- Energy Star certification.
- Compliance with the ErP European Directive.
- Noise reduced to 46 dB (A) only.
- Direct access to ports
- Onsite integration of specific modules (Expert version and above)
- Magnetic and smart card encoders can be combined within the same printer (Expert version and above).
NOTICE - Your IP address is being recorded and any purchases made using a stolen credit card will be reported to the local police department and prosecuted to the highest limits of the law.
- Single-sided printing module, edge-to-edge printing.
- Colour-dye sublimation and monochrome thermal transfer.
- 300 dpi print head (11.8 dots/mm).
- 16 MB of RAM.
- Colour: from 120 to 150 cards per hour.
- Monochrome: from 400 to 500 cards per hour.
Card management and specifications
- Choice of automated or manual feeding.
- Feeder capacity: 50 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil).
- Output tray capacity: 20 cards (0.76 mm - 30 mil).
- Card thickness: 0.25 to 0.76 mm (10 to 30 mil), calibration via the gauge.
- Types of cards: all PVC, Composite PVC, PET, ABS(*1) and special varnish(*1) cards.
- Card format: ISO CR-80 - ISO 7810 (53.98 mm x 85.60 mm - 3.375” x 2.125”).
Evolis High Trust® Ribbons
- Maximize the quality and durability of printed cards, the lifespan of your print head and the overall reliability of your printer!.
- Automatic detection and setup.
- Ribbon embedded in a cassette for ease of use.
- Ribbon saver feature for monochrome printing.
- YMCKO: 100 cards/roll.
- KO: 300 cards/roll.
- Monochrome ribbon: up to 1,000 cards per roll1
- Hologram ribbon: 400 cards/roll.
- USB 1.1 (compatible with 2.0).
- Ethernet available as an option.
- Graphic noti?cations from the printer (*2) empty feeder, cleaning, “approaching end-of-ribbon” and “end-of-ribbon” warnings
Supplied with the Evolis Premium Suite® for Windows:
- Printer driver.
- Evolis Print Centre for printer management and setup.
- Evolis Printer Manager for two-way noti?cations (3*)
- Supports Windows XP SP2 or later; Vista 32/64, W7 32/64 (4*)
- Supplied with the eMedia CS Card Designer (30-day free trial to be downloaded from Mediasoft’s website).
- Other OS: Mac and Linux: upon request.
- 2 years (printer and print head).
Size and weight
- Size: Height 195 mm x length 205 mm x width 310 mm
- Weight: 3.3 kg .
Sound (Evaluated according to the ISO 7779 Standard)
- Sound pressure level, LpAm, bystander position (YMCKO colour mode)
- When operating: 46 dB (A).
- In sleep mode: background noise only.
- Support for Kensington® lock.
- Data encryption for magnetic encoding (*5).
- CD-ROM with the printer driver and user manual
- Cleaning kit
- USB cable
- Power supply and cords.
Options and accessories
- Available colours: Fire Red or Grey Brown.
- Ethernet TCP-IP(*5)
- Encoding options(*5) than can be combined. Upgrade can be carried out onsite, by adding new modules:
- Magnetic stripe encoder, smart card contact station, smart card encoder and contactless smart card encoder
- Other encoders available upon request.
Eco friendly design, certifications and statement of compliance
- Sleep mode and reduced energy consumption.
- CE, FCC, IEC, VCCI, CCC(*6), KCC(*6)
- ErP 2009/125/CE, ENERGY STAR, RoHS.
- Power supply: 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz, 1.8 A
- Printer: 24 V DC, 3 A.
- Min/max operating temperature: 15° / 30° C (59° / 86° F).
- Humidity: 20% to 65% non-condensing.
- Min/max storage temperature: -5° / +70° C (23° / 158° F).
- Storage humidity: 20 to 70% non-condensing.
- Operating ventilation: Open air.
- Arial 100, Arial Bold 100.
- Bar code: Code 39, code 128, EAN 13, Interleaved 2 of 5.
Please Note: product specifications are subject to change without prior notice.