Zebra 170Xi4 direct thermal and thermal transfer printer
Direct thermal and thermal transfer printer
In addition to providing 6.6” (168 mm) wide labels at 12” (305 mm) per second, Zebra’s 170Xi4 product has been enhanced to provide:
- LCD content customizable to user needs
- Large, easy to use, multilingual LCD screen
- Flexible connectivity including simultaneous parallel/Ethernet with internal Ethernet included as standard in the product
- Advanced ribbon- and media-low LCD/e-mail alerts
- Intelligent printhead system
The industrial-strength 170Xi4 with 203- or 300-dpi (8 or 12 dots per mm) print resolution can print large volumes of labels, promoting greater productivity with fewer roll changes. Or it can execute intricate, high-resolution print applications at a quick 8” (203 mm) per second. With its all-metal construction, this printer is ideal for tough applications including compliance labels (AIAG, ODETTE, UCC/EAN-128, etc.), product identification labels, and pallet shipping/receiving labels, either on demand or in batches.
Zebra 170Xi4 direct thermal and thermal transfer printer benefits
- The included internal ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (Ethernet) and secure 802.11b/g wireless connectivity options meet the needs of evolving network environments.
- Integrating and maintaining Xi4 printers remotely is simple with Zebra’s centralized management tools that leverage the power of ZebraLink™ Solutions.
Printer Setup Made Simple
- Printer setup and configuration is now click-simple.
- Easy-to-follow wizards quickly guide you through configuration.
- Fast changes—whether you are adding a new printer, moving an existing printer to a new location or adding new capabilities.
- Using the new “Mirror” feature, Xi4 printers can leverage your existing server infrastructure to automatically retrieve user-defined configurations, including files, formats, graphics and firmware.
- Design and create customized menus.
- Menus can now contain just the items you define.
- Store multiple profiles on the printer and switch between them as needed.
- Contact Zebra’s Development Services group for assistance.
- Monitor supply levels proactively.
- New supplies monitoring feature works in real time.
- Printer alerts users when ribbon and media levels are running low, before they run out.
Zebra’s Enterprise Connector Solution
- Streamline your printing process!
- Print barcode labels directly from Oracle’s BI Publisher.
- Easy to implement and manage.
ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise
- Deploy, manage and monitor your Xi4 printers from a single PC screen anywhere on your global network—all from a user-friendly Windows® interface.
- Print methods: Thermal transfer or direct thermal
- 32 bit 133 Mhz RISC processor
- 8 MB Flash memory—including 2.0 MB user-available non-volatile memory storage for downloadable objects
- Internal real-time clock
- Advanced label/media counters
- Auto calibration—printer calibrates when printer is turned on or when printhead is closed using approximately two labels
- Early warning systems—provide low label, low ribbon and clean printhead alerts via the front panel and ZebraLink alerts
- New full-function front panel and large multilingual back-lit LCD display—with userprogrammable password protection
- Clear media side door—easy monitoring of supplies usage without opening the printer systems
- Thin film printhead with Element Energy Equalizer™ (E3™) for superior print quality
- Serial RS-232 and bi-directional parallel ports—with auto detect
- Internal ZebraNet® 10/100 Print Server (Ethernet)
- Dual media sensors—transmissive and reflective, selectable through software or front panel
- ENERY STAR® qualified
- 304 mm per second
- 203 dpi (8 dots/mm)
- 300 dpi (12 dots/mm)
- Print width: 168mm
- Print length: 150" (3810 mm) using continuous media
- Max. Roll Size: 8”/203 mm O.D. on a 3”/76 mm I.D. core
- Thickness (label & liner): .003”/.076 mm to .012”/.305 mm
- Media Types: Continuous fanfold, die-cut or black mark
- For optimum print quality and printer performance, use genuine Zebra™ supplies
- Ribbon is recommended to be at least as wide as media.
- Max. Roll Size: 3.2”/81.3 mm O.D. on a 1”/25.4 mm I.D. core
- Standard Lengths: 1,476’/450 m or 984’/300 m; provides 3:1 & 2:1 media roll to ribbon ratios
- Ribbon Setup: Ribbon wound ink side out
- ZPL® or ZPL II® programming language—selectable through software or front panel
- XML-Enabled printing—direct-connect integration for barcode label printing; eliminates license fees and print server hardware and lowers customization and programming costs
- ZBI 2.1™— Allows printers to run applications, prompt users through control-panel commands and use files stored on the printer as a data source.
- Linear Barcodes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 with subsets A/B/C and UCC Case C Codes, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN 2 or 5 digit extensions, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, Industrial 2-of-5,Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Codabar, Planet Code
- 2-Dimensional: Codablock, PDF417, Code 49, Data Matrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, MicroPDF417, TLC 39, GS1 DataBar (RSS), Aztec
- Width: 338.1mm
- Depth: 517.5mm
- Height: 393.7mm
- Weight: 30.5kg
- Cutter and catch tray
- Bi-fold media door with clear panel
- Media supply spindle for 3”/76 mm core or 40 mm core
- Applicator interface
- 64 MB On-Board Linear Flash Memory
- Scalable and international fonts
- ZebraNet Wireless Plus Print Server
- ZebraNet 10/100 Print Server
Please Note: specifications and options vary according to printer model and are subject to change without prior notice.