Symbol DS6708 DL barcode scanner from Motorola
Symbol DS6708 DL barcode scanner from Motorola
Symbol DS6708 DL barcode imager scanner combines all the features of Motorola’s standard DS6708 imager, such as omni-directional 1D/2D barcode scanning, with an embedded parsing agent that enables users to read the PDF-417 barcode and use that information for a multitude of applications including auto-population of a credit or loyalty card form, age verification or returns monitoring. With a simple scan retailers can increase efficiencies, reduce manual keying errors.
Parsing right out of the box - no IT needed: with parsing done in the scanner and controlled by the user, the DS6708 DL is especially appealing to retailers without centralized IT services. And, since it works with multiple interfaces, operating systems and host configurations, and requires no additional software or licensing fees, it can be easily used in all environments with very little start up effort. For retailers who prefer to parse driver’s license data using a server-based solution, Motorola partners with industry-leading software parsing capabilities can help implement the solution.
You’ll have the latest DMV updates: because different states use different data formats in their driver’s licenses and these formats change from time to time, state by state, the Symbol DS6708 DL by Motorola offers a complete solution that includes yearly updates for new format releases from each state, helping to ensure that your investment is protected from the start.
Traditional scanning and more: the versatile Symbol DS6708 DL from Motorola not only offers PDF-417 reading and parsing capabilities, it also delivers the functionality of a traditional 1D and 2D barcode scanner, enabling you to meet additional data capture needs as required.
An outstanding return on investment: the Symbol DS6708 DL reduces capital and operating expenses by eliminating the need to purchase, manage and support additional devices and separate barcode scanners for different symbologies. Fewer devices to deploy significantly reduce the time and costs associated with training — and positively impacts productivity. The ability to remotely track, deploy and upgrade Symbol DS6708 DL scanners reduces typical management costs.
Symbol DS6708 DL barcode scanner benefits
- Embedded parsing agent enable users to read the PDF-417 barcode on a US driver’s license and use that information for a multitude of applications including auto-population of a credit or loyalty card form, age verification or returns monitoring.
- Support for all major 1D, PDF, postal and 2D symbologies Delivers application flexibility; eliminates need for multiple devices — and associated costs.
- RSM (Remote Scanner Management) Ready lowers IT expenses and TCO by enabling remote management from a central location.
- 6 ft./1.8m drop specification, tempered glass exit window designed to endure the rigors of everyday use for maximum reliability and uptimes; reduces downtime and TCO.
- Multiple on-board interfaces; universal cable compatible easy to install; futureproof — today’s cradle can connect to tomorrow’s host 360° omni-directional scanning; wide working range, laser aiming pattern Easy to use; no need to align item and scanner; virtually no training required Optional hands-free Intellistand Enables presentation scanning and automatic switching between hands-free and handheld modes.
- 6.55 in. H x 4.72 in. L x 2.82 in. W
- 16.6 cm H x 11.9 cm L x 7.1 cm W
- 6.4 oz./182 gm
Voltage and current
- 5 +/-10%VDC @ 350 mA
- Host power or external power supply
- Cash Register White (shown) or Twilight Black
- Aiming: 650 nm laser diode
- Illumination: 630 nm LED
Field of view (vertical x horizontal)
- DL: 34° V x 43° H
Roll / Pitch / Yaw
- DL: 360°, ±65°, ±60
Symbology decode capability
- 1-D: UPC/EAN and with supplementals, Code 39, Code 39 Full ASCII, Tri-optic Code 39, RSS variants, Code 128, GS1DataBar (formerly UCC/EAN 128), Code 128 Full ASCII, Code 93, Codabar (NW1), Interleaved 2 of 5, Discrete 2 of 5, MSI, Codell, IATA, Bookland EAN, Code 32.
- PDF417 (and Variants): PDF417, microPDF417 and composite codes Postal: U.S. Postnet and Planet, U.K., Japan, Australian, and Dutch.
- 2-D: MaxiCode, DataMatrix (ECC 200), QR Code and Aztec Print Contrast: 25% minimum reflectance.
- Motion Tolerances: Horizontal velocity: 5 in. (12.7 cm) per second Interfaces Supported: DS6708: RS-232C (Standard, Nixdorf, ICL, and Fujitsu); USB (Standard, IBM SurePOS, Macintosh) and Synapse connectivity allows for connectivity to all of the above plus many non-standard interfaces; IBM 468x/469x and keyboard wedge.
Please note: product specifications are subject to change without prior notice.