Roland EGX 400 Engraver
Roland EGX 400 Engraver
Superb Quality, Value and Performance for Heavy-Duty Engraving
The Roland EGX-400 engraver provides heavy-duty engraving power, speed and a host of features, making it versatile and easy-to-operate, professional tool. This computerised engraver enables you to produce a wide variety of applications including 3D reliefs for distinctive signs as well as name plates, awards and trophies, medallions, ADA signage, control panels and much more. A powerful suite of software is included.
High Speed and Accuracy with DAC-FFP
Feed Forward Processing (FFP) is an advanced controller technology that anticipates tool movement. The industry-first combination of FFP, belt drives, and digital AC Servo (DAC) brushless motors on the X, Y and Z axes results in unmatched precision, speed, reliability and energy efficiency. In addition to faster cutting, the high-speed spindle and brushless DC motor produce increased torque with less vibration.
Spindle speed can be varied between 8,000 and 30,000 rpm for engraving a wide variety of materials, including wood, urethane foam, plastic, acrylic, and light metals such as brass and aluminium.
Computerized Engraving Made Easy
A removable MMC memory card*1) can store files programmed on your computer and then be inserted directly into the EGX for engraving without using a PC. A separate teaching feature allows you to send operating commands directly from the control panel to the machine, also without using a PC. The commands can be saved in the built-in memory or on the removable MMC memory card. Multiple EGX’s can also be linked together in a production line. For fast and simple set-up, an automatic surface detector determines Z-zero when the tip of the nose guard touches the material surface.*2)
Powerful and Easy-to-Use Engraving Software Package Comes Standard
Included with the EGX-400 is a complete suite of engraving software.*3) Dr. Engrave produces high quality engraving utilizing TrueType fonts. 3D Engrave allows you to produce 3D reliefs.
MODELA Player CAM software reads DXF and STL files created with popular 3D CAD programs.*4) Virtual MODELA*5) enables simulation of finished shapes for previewing on your computer screen before beginning production. A Windows ® driver is also included.
*1) Compatible with commercially available Multi Media Card™ or SD Memory Card. Note: You will also need a memory card writer to copy the files from your computer to the cards.
*2) The automatic Z control works with the depth regulator nose cone is employed or when scribing, but not in teaching mode. The cutting-in depth and amount of cut-out are not set automatically when using the nose cone or scribing with a diamond blade.
*3) Compatible with Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows Vista ® /XP (32-bit), and Windows ® 95/98/Me/NT 4.0/2000.
*4) Will read DXF-AutoCAD_r12J and 3D DXF, but not 2D DXF.
*5) Virtual MODELA simulates data from 3D Engrave and MODELA Player.
• The EGX-400 employs a gantry X-axis rail and flat table system which provides space for placing long boards.
• The t-slot, Bakelite table can be surfaced for ultra-precise engraving and can be removed easily when using jigs, vices or larger materials.
• The hand-held control panel can be extended from the machine, allowing you to start or pause a job from a safe distance, and incorporates a jog dial for changing spindle speed or making menu changes.
• T slot.
• 407mm (W) x 305mm (D).
• 407mm (X) x 305mm (Y) x 42.5mm (Z)
Loadable Workpiece Thickness:
• Maximum 40mm.
XYZ – axis motor:
• AC servo motor (DAC-FFP). 3 axis simultaneous control.
• XY-axis: 0.5, 1 to 100 mm/s (0.02 in./s, 0.039 to 3.9 in./s) Z-axis: 0.5, 1 to 50 mm/s (0.02 in./s, 0.039 to 1.9 in./s).
• 0.1 G, 0.05 G.
• 0.01 mm/step (0.00039 in./step).
• XY-axis: 0.003 mm/step (0.00012 in./step) Z-axis: 0.0025 mm/step (0.000098 in./step).
• Brushless DC motor, Maximum 72 W.
• 8,000 to 30,000 rpm.
•Cutter holder (4.36 mm) and collet.
• ± 0.1 % of distance traveled or ± 0.1 mm (± 0.004 in.), whichever is greater (no-load operation).
• 0.05 mm (0.002 in.) or less.
• Parallel connector (Centronics-compliant), serial connector (RS-232C-compliant), Memory card slot (Compliance with Multi Media Card), expansion connector 1, expansion connector 2.
• 2MB (replot buffer: 1.9MB).
• RML-1 (mode 1, mode 2).
• AC 117 V, 230 V, 240 V ± 10 %, 50/60 Hz.
• 3.5 A at 117 V, 1.6 A at 230 V, 1.6 A at 240 V.
Acoustic Noise Level :
• No-load operation: 75 dB (A) or less standby: 45 dB (A) or less (According to ISO 7779).
Dimensions main unit:
• 795 (W) x 719 (D) x 521 (H) mm.
• Temperature: 5 to 40 C (41 to 104 F) humidity: 35 to 80 % (no condensation).
• Operation panel: 1
• Operation-panel connector cable: 1
• Power cord: 1
• Depth regulator nose unit: 1
• Solid collet : 1
• Clamps : 4
• Roland Software Package CD-ROM : 1
• User's Manual: 1.
Please Note: product specifications are subject to change without prior notice.