Bartender 2016 Enterprise Automation BT-EA5
NEW! BarTender 2016 Enterprise Automation BT-EA5
Create high-quality labels, barcodes and cards in minutes
Designed for businesses that require complete connectivity and control of their printing environment, the BarTender Enterprise Automation Edition delivers our most powerful collection of features, including integration with SAP and Oracle, and centralized management of printing, security and administration.
Download BarTender 2016
BarTender 2016 is now available, with new and improved capabilities that enhance your design and printing experience and make it easier than ever to manage and administer your operations. Find out what's new in BarTender 2016.
The most powerful software for your most demanding requirements
BarTender Enterprise Automation extends even the most complex printing environments with unrivaled connectivity to business systems and reliable control of the complete design and printing system.
Centralized control for efficiency and confidence
BarTender’s comprehensive control features enable enterprises to centrally monitor, manage and secure their design and printing operations across sites and continents.
SAP certified, Oracle validated
Empower users to print labels and more from within SAP, Oracle and other business systems without ever knowing that BarTender is doing the printing.
Browser-based interfaces for easy deployment and printing over networks
Extend your printing infrastructure beyond the firewall by enabling users to choose designs, complete print-time data forms and launch print jobs to any printer on the internet with just a few clicks from any browser.
Intelligent Templates for unmatched versatility and control
BarTender Enterprise Automation offers all of BarTender's powerful yet easy-to-use design features, including our exclusive Intelligent TemplatesTM:
- Leverage conditional printing to create a wide variety of labels from a single design, without the headache of maintaining a separate document for each label.
- Easily support complex printing scenarios by telling templates, layers and even individual objects when to print based on a single data source or database field, or based on multiple conditions — all without scripting.
- Lock mandatory content so it cannot be changed by other designers.
- Print content to specific panels of security cards, including monochrome black, UV fluorescing, and overlay panels.
- Let BarTender's smart wizards guide you through critical design decisions to maximize your printing performance and compliance with important standards.
- Use your own fonts or those built into the printer.
- Generate anything from simple serial numbers to advanced custom serialization sequences.
- Format text any way you want with Rich Text formatting.
- Enhance imported graphics with high-quality image-processing controls, including brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, smoothing and cropping.
- Recreate legacy labels easily by importing old designs to use as a guide.
- Link to external graphics to enable dynamic changes.
Enterprise-strength printing flexibility
- Minimize print-time data entry by letting BarTender pull data from SAP and Oracle systems, Excel files, text files and a wide variety of databases. Or design your own forms for entering data easily at print time.
- Easily select, preview and print labels and cards from a dedicated Print Station interface.
- Print multiple label formats as a single batch, whether from BarTender, the dedicated BarTender Print Station or even the Windows Explorer.
- Print to any true Windows printer driver, and use our free Drivers by Seagull to leverage the special features of label and card printers for optimal performance.
- Licensed based on the number of printers used.
- Maximum Allowable Printers: 5
- Maximum Allowable PCs: Unlimited
- Free phone and e-mail technical support for properly-registered users.
- HTML-based context-sensitive help.
- User interface translated into 20+ languages.
- Commander. (Controls BarTender in response to triggers from other programs)*partially supported.
- Security Center. (Provides security features for other applications in the suite, such as user permissions and document encryption)*partially supported.
- Printer Maestro. (Administers to printers and print queues on the network)*partially supported.
- History Explorer. (Views the logs stored in the BarTender System Database)*Supports local databases only
- Reprint Console. (Reprints previously printed jobs) *Supports local databases only
- Print station: Provides a simple "single-click" interface for selecting and printing label formats.
- Batch Maker. (Defines and prints "batches" of multiple BarTender documents).
Includes over 400 preformatted, ready-to-use barcode components based on 95 barcode symbologies and more than a dozen barcode standards. Also includes a large number of sample compliance label designs.
Included barcode symbologies
Linear Barcodes: Codabar, Code 39 (Full ASCII and Regular), Code 93, Code 128, EAN-8, EAN-13 (with and without 2 and 5 digit add-ons), GS1-128, GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS, all four non-stacked variants), Interleaved 2-of-5, ITF-14, JAN-8, JAN-13 (with and without 2 and 5 digit add-ons), MSI Plessey, RSS (see GS1 DataBar), Telepen, Trioptic, UPC-A (with and without 2 and 5 digit add-ons), UPC-E (with and without 2 and 5 digit add-ons)
2D, Matrix, and Stacked Symbols: Aztec Code, Data Matrix, GS1 Composite (13 variants), GS1 DataBar (formerly RSS, 3 stacked variants), GS1 DataMatrix, GS1 QR, MaxiCode, Micro QR Code, MicroPDF417, PDF417, QR Code, RSS (see GS1 DataBar), iQR
Postal and Shipping Barcodes: Australia Post, Canadian Customs, Japanese Post, KIX Code, Royal Mail, UPS MaxiCode, USPS Intelligent Mail, USPS Planet, USPS Postnet
Included barcode standards
GS1 Coupons, GS1 Distribution, GS1 General Applications, GS1 Health Care – Non-retail, GS1 Health Care – Retail, GS1 Pharmaceutical, GS1 Retail – General Distribution, GS1 Retail – Non-general Distribution, HIBC (Primary and Secondary), ISBT, TLC (39 and MicroPDF417), DUN, UPS Tracking Number, Design barcodes for almost any other standard using BarTender.
Included label standards
AIAG, Caterpillar, DoD, GHS, GM 1724-A, HIBC, MIL 129 and 1189B (LOGMARS), ODETTE, Oracle WMS, Sears, Wal-Mart, SAP AII, SSCC, TLC, UPS, USPS (includes FIM A and FIM C). You can also design labels for almost any other standard using BarTender.
Included data format standards
Encode text using almost any data format, including support for Unicode, ASCII, Western, Japanese, Chinese, or any other character encoding, including custom formats. BarTender also has predefined barcode components with built-in support for the following data format standards: GTIN-8 (for EAN-8, JAN-8, and UPC-E barcode components); GTIN-12 (for UPC-A barcode components); GTIN-13 (for EAN-13 and JAN-13 barcode components); GTIN-14 (formerly EAN-14 and SCC-14; for GS1 barcode components that use the (01) application identifier, for GS1 DataBar components, and for ITF-14 components); SCC-18 (for GS1 barcode components that use the (00) application identifier).
RFID tag types and data formats
EPC Gen2, EPC Class 1, ISO 18000-6b, ISO 15693, Tag-It, I-CODE, TagSys, My-d, and Picotag tag types. All EPC data formats are supported, including DoD, Wal-Mart, SGTIN, SSCC, GIAI, GID, GRAI, and SGLN, among others.
International editions can switch the UI on demand between 23 languages: Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese (European & Brazilian), Polish, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish.
System requirements and compatibility
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista.
- Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, Server 2008 and 2008 R2.
- Includes all 32-bit and 64-bit (x64) editions.
Hard disk and memory (minimum)
Basic and Professional Editions (32-bit)
- 1 GB RAM
- 2 GB free hard drive space
Basic and Professional Editions (64-bit)
- 2 GB RAM
- 3 GB free hard drive space
Automation and Enterprise Automation Editions (32-bit)
- 4 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space (to allow sufficient space for logs)
Automation and Enterprise Automation Editions (64-bit)
- 8 GB RAM
- 20 GB free hard drive space (to allow sufficient space for logs)
Display resolution (recommended)
1024 x 768 or higher
The .NET Framework 4.0 is required. The BarTender installer will automatically install all required .NET Framework components.
Logging of print jobs and event messages requires either
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express (included with BarTender), or
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (purchased from a database vendor)