Bartender 9.3, the latest version of Seagull Scientific's labelling, barcode and RFID software, is now available from Label Power. BarTender 9.3 has numerous new features including weighing scale support, better data entry forms, expanded IBM WebSphere functions and more!
This version also introduces new names for some of the editions and a number of price changes.
For more information about BarTender, you can visit <link categories bartender category _blank external-link-new-window mini>Label Power's BarTender mini website or alternatively you can contact us by phone 1300 727 202 or email email@example.com.
RFID support is now included in the newly-named "Automation" edition (previously called "Enterprise"). This effectively cuts Label Power's entry-level price for RFID support almost in half.
There is no longer an edition called "RFID Enterprise." Instead, the editions previously called "Enterprise" and "RFID Enterprise" have now been combined into the new "Automation" edition at prices comparable to what the "Enterprise" edition used to sell for. Also, the previously named "Enterprise Print Server" edition is now called "Enterprise Automation." (It continues to support RFID.)
Previously, there were three editions that began with the word "Enterprise." This has been replaced with two editions: "Automation" and "Enterprise Automation."
The reasons for the name changes are:
- Having three editions containing the word "Enterprise demanded too much presales explanation.
- Introduction of the new name "Automation" significantly clarifies which editions can be controlled from within other software.
- The word "Enterprise" is now reserved for only the most powerful edition.
The "Automation" edition has NOT had any of it's powerful features removed. However, the Enterprise Automation edition continues to provide the broadest enterprise management functions, most powerful integration capabilities, most complete security system, and features for centralised and web-based printing. For more details on the differences between the editions, please see the Seagull Scientific on-line Features and Editions Comparison Chart.
Special part designations for "Multiuser" (3-user through 25-user) BarTender Professional "editions" have been discontinued.
BarTender version 9.3 introduces:
- By far the most powerful support for weighing scales available in any label software package.
- Much more powerful and easier-to-design print-time data entry forms.
- Bidirectional print communications for IBM WebSphere.
- Bar code improvements.
- "On-the-fly" object automation in the middle of a print job.
- Numerous user-interface enhancements.